Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-time; Journal #5

On the last two pages of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time, Christopher ends off by telling us he got an A grade on his A-level maths and what he was going to do in the future (take futher A-level maths and get an A grade, take A-level physics and get an A grade, go to university and get a First Class Honors Degree and become a scientist). He then ends it by saying he can do all this because he can do anything because of all the things he did in the book. I think this is very brave and unexpected of him because of Asperger`s disease. But I also think that if he keeps doing things that might frighten him or things he`s never done before, that he might get a little bit better, and not have such a hard time because of Asperger`s.
I think that the ending to this book could have been better, but overall I thought it was a great book to read and it kept me very intrigued. It gave me insight to people living with this disease, and I`m glad that I know a little bit of how their minds work, so if I ever meet someone with Asperger`s disease, I will know how to communicate with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment